I work as User Experience Manager and Researcher at Informatica, Previously, I worked as user researcher at Xerox Research (Xerox PARC in USA and XRCE in France). My research areas include User Experience (UX) or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Collaborative and Social Computing Software for Organizations, and Information Visualization Software.
About by career in industry and academia:
- 2016-present: User Experience Manager at Informatica
- 2013-present: User Researcher at Informatica
- 2008-2013: user researcher at Xerox Research (Xerox PARC in USA, XRCE in France)
- 1998-2008: worked and trained at Xerox PARC, IBM Almaden, Penn State, Virginia Tech, ITC-IRST (now FBK) in Trento, and La Sapienza of Rome
- 2012: visiting professor in collaborative and social computing in Europe: University of Trento, ITC (host: Prof. Fabio Casati), University La Sapienza of Rome, DIS (host: Prof. Tiziana Catarci)
- 2007-2008: Teaching Fellow at Penn State’s College of IST, PA, USA
- 2002-2008: Fulbright Fellowship and Ph.D. degree in Information Sciences & Technologies from Penn State, PA, USA
- 1997-2001: MS degree in Psychology and BS coursework in Computer Science completed at the University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
I co-authored 50+ research publications and 10+ patent applications (at Informatica and Xerox). I have 14+ years of research experience in HCI and I’ve worked with world-class researchers in the field such as John M. Carroll (PhD advisor), Mary Beth Rosson (co-advisor), Ed H. Chi (PARC manager), Peter Pirolli, Antonietta Grasso (XRCE manager), Tom Moran, Daniela Petrelli, and Antonella De Angeli. Since 2013, I have worked with top notch UX designers and researchers in the software industry such as Liam Friedland, Mark Detweiler, and Dan Rosenberg (consultant).