I work as senior user researcher at Informatica, a big-data company that is aggressively growing in UX/HCI, data analytics, and visualization. Before, I worked as user researcher at the Xerox (Xerox PARC and XRCE). I do research in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Collaborative and Social Computing, and Information Visualization.
See publications, Xerox PARC's publications, or XRCE's page.
- 2013: senior user researcher at Informatica Corporation
- 2008-2013: user researcher at Xerox Research (2011-2013: Xerox Research Center Europe (XRCE); 2008-2011: Xerox PARC).
- 2012: contract professor in collaborative and social computing (user research) at the universities of Trento (host: prof. Fabio Casati) and La Sapienza of Rome (host: prof. Tiziana Catarci).
- 2007-2008: teaching fellow at Penn State's College of IST.
- 1998-2008: trained and worked in HCI research at PARC, IBM Research Almaden, Penn State's College of IST, Virginia Tech's Computer Science Dept, ITC-IRST (now FBK) in Italy, La Sapienza of Rome.
- 2002-2008: Fulbright Fellowship award and Ph.D. degree in Information Sciences & Technologies from Penn State, USA.
- 2002: completed coursework for B.S. degrees in Computer Science, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
- 1997: MS degree in Psychology, La Sapienza University, Italy
50+ research publications, 9+ patent applications, 12+ years of work experience in human-computer interaction. Worked with top researchers in the HCI field such as John M. Carroll (PhD advisor), Mary Beth Rosson (co-advisor), Ed H. Chi (PARC manager), Peter Pirolli, Antonietta Grasso (XRCE manager), Tom Moran, Daniela Petrelli, and Antonella De Angeli. Currently working with top notch UX designers and researchers such as Liam Friedland (Informatica manager) and Mark Detweiler.
- Run user research for teams building new Informatica products such as Springbok.is and other tools for data analytics and visualization
- Led the work on requirements, wireframes, and evaluation studies on enterprise web-based tools such as XRCE’s Q&A analytics dashboard for customer care operators, PARC's Mail2tag and Mail2Wiki tools for sharing, XRCE’s Innovation Cockpit for idea management systems.
- Contributed to (or led) large-scale analytics projects to measure user behaviors based on cloud log data (at Informatica) or social media data from StackOverflow, Twitter, Wikipedia (at PARC or XRCE)
- Earlier projects have focused on software for working groups, information visualizations, and smart mobile applications.